The Division of Child Services offers various child support programs for low income families. In addition to financial assistance, these programs also provide technical assistance and promote secure, caring, and healthy environments for children through different quality improvement activities. The US Bank has teamed up with the state of South Dakota and has provided the ReliaCard Visa Prepaid Debit Card to child care providers. The ReliaCard is extremely beneficial for both child care providers as well for the recipients. It is one of the fastest and safest methods of distributing the child care payments and at the same time the recipients can get their child care payment in a very safe and convenient way.
Generally, the receivers of the child care payments get two options for getting the payments. One option is of direct deposit to one’s savings or checking account, while the other is of electronic deposit made to a ReliaCard. If one does not select the direct deposit option, then automatically he/she will get a U.S. Bank ReliaCard on which all of the future payments will be deposited. In order to use the ReliaCard, you don’t require any credit check or bank account. The card will be sent through the mail. Once you receive the card, make sure to activate it by calling the customer service at 866-276-5114. The cardholder will be asked to choose the PIN (personal identification number) at the time of activation.
The ReliaCard is a prepaid debit card which can be used at any place where Visa Debit Cards are accepted. Once the funds are deposited to your card account, it can be used to make purchases, pay bills, and lot many things. Cardholders can even withdraw cash with their card anytime either at ATMs, banks or credit unions, or by receiving cash back with purchases made at Interlink merchants. The amount used from the card during cash withdrawals, bill payments, and purchases will be automatically subtracted from the balance available on the card.
Benefits of having a ReliaCard:
- Money is automatically deposited in your prepaid debit card.
- It provides easy and quick access to your funds. No more waiting in queue to deposit or cash a check.
- Supports withdrawal of cash at ATMs and also allow purchases from any place wherever debit cards are accepted.
- No need of carrying large amount of cash, just carry a single card.
- Card holder can track his/her expenditure by getting full account information with customer service that works 24 hours a day.
- All payments are done in a very safe environment. FDIC and funds are secured and protected by Visa Zero Liability2.
On getting a ReliaCard, you can also enjoy a host of online services through its official website www.reliacard.com. The site allows the card holder to perform various functions like PIN change, view statements over a period of last 12 months, balance inquiry, view card transactions, and set up alerts, etc., with few clicks and within few minutes. You can also view your monthly statements online anytime at the site. To enjoy these many online services, all you have to do is to login to your ReliaCard account by providing your personal User ID and password. If you are a first time user then follow the steps given below to get a new User ID and password.
Steps to create an online account at ReliaCard.com:
- Visit reliacard.com
- Click on “First Time Signing On” link located at the right side of the page.
- Then, you will be asked to enter your ReliaCard information like card number, PIN, and card verification number.
- After filling up the card information hit the ‘continue’ tab. Now, follow the on screen instructions to get a user ID and password.
Once you get your User ID and password, you can easily access and manage your ReliaCard account anywhere and anytime. Plus, ReliaCard also offers free mobile banking app with which you can check your account balance or view most recent transactions right on your mobile phone. You can enroll in ReliaCard mobile banking by clicking on the “Mobile Banking” link located at the bottom right side of the page. Just provide some mandatory information like your mobile number, carrier, phone type, and card number and start accessing your ReliaCard account on the cell phone.
- 24 x 7 Online ReliaCard account access
- Free registration
- View card transactions
- Make bill payments
- Receive monthly statements
- Balance inquiry
- Easily change the PIN number