Www.EzLink.com.sg: New EZ LINK Card for Tourist – Singapore Transportation
The official website to get New EZ LINK Card for Singapore Transportation is www.EzLink.com.sg. New EZ LINK Card is used for the payment of public transportation fares in Singapore; this card was introduced on 29th December, 2008. EZ-Link card is one type of Contactless smart card which is based on the Sony FeliCa smartcard technology with limited use in the small payments retail sector. Until the new NETS Cash-Card comes, New EZ LINK Card has a monopoly over public transportation fare payments in Singapore. EZ-Link Pvt. Ltd. sales, distributes and manages EZ-Link card which is a subsidiary of Singapore’s Land Transport Authority. New EZ-link cards can be used for LTA’s new e-payment system for public transport which adheres to the New Singapore Standard for Contactless ePurse Applications (CEPAS).
How to apply for New EZ-link card?
For new application, first you have to fill personal information i.e.name, surname and full address with zip code. After that, write date of birth, nationality, NRIC and email address. Now, write occupation and contact number and New EZ-link card number. Lastly, mark a tick on terms and conditions then click on ‘submit’ button.
How to use the card?
If you want to use new EZ-link card, then for that you have to put minimum store value to wrap the cost of travel. For the basic bus services, you are advised to put minimum balance of $3 in your card. Even for the longest train journey, this value ensures that you have the required fare when you exit the gate. You can use this card on the MRT/LRT transport services.
Where to use this card?
- F&N Coca-Cola vending machines, Singapore Pools and Hospitals.
- All public buses, MRT and LRT trains run by both SBST & SMRT.
- 7-Eleven convenience stores, ERP, EPS, SMRT Taxis, NLB library branches and MacDonald’s Restaurants, school bookstores.
- School canteens, printing services, F&B outlets, private buses
Advantages of New EZ-link card:
- If you plan to visit Singapore again, you may keep the card and use it again within the next 5 years. You may also pass it on to anyone who is visiting Singapore. Else, you may get a refund (of the Stored Value & Travel Deposit) before leaving Singapore.
- EZ-Link Card is ‘discount travel’. Any trip paid for with the EZ-Link Card is cheaper than the same trip paid for with cash. Also, if you need to transfer to another bus or train, then the fare for the subsequent part of your journey is discounted – not so if you paid cash.
- It is very convenient. You do not even need to know the fare to your destination. The electronics does the work for you.
Disadvantage of New EZ-link card:
- As a visitor, you will have to make many trips for the Card to be worthwhile – remember that the $5 Card Cost is not refundable!
For more information, visit www.EzLink.com.sg.