Learn how to stop AT&T Paper bill and start ebill online on www.Att.com/stoppaper
To manage your accounts online, register and enroll in paperless billing through the official website of ATT eBill stoppaper at Www.att.com/stoppaper. Do not worry as registration is completely free, secure and fast. The procedure of doing online registration or sign up from www.att.com/stoppaper is mentioned below.
ATT eBill stoppaper benefits and features:
- Live Greener and Simpler: Save several trees with paperless billing. Reduce paper clutter, stacked mail, and un-filed records. For your reference, up to 6 months bill history will be kept online.
- Save Time, Money, and Postage: No mail to open, no checks to write, no stamps to buy. View and pay your bill in just few seconds.
- Feel Assured Your Data is Secure: Your data and privacy are protected with 128-bit encryption, the uppermost level of security available.
- Enjoy Ease and Convenience: Relax with email alerts and automatic payments. Manage your account online anytime, anywhere.
- Improve Control and Record Keeping: View online or print previous bills in PDF format. Simply analyze, store, and print bills at any time.
ATT eBill stoppaper: www.att.com/stoppaper
Open the website att.com and see the option of Go paperless on the middle of the page. Click on it and you will reach on the page of ATT eBill stoppaper Online at www.att.com/stoppaper. Choose a location, either Residential or Business (small or medium). If you are existing customer then enter the area code, the first 3 digits of your phone number and press Go button. If you are new and existing customer, and do not have a phone number, then enter your ZIP code and click on Go button.
Follow the steps provided here to sign-on or register:
1. Whenever you will sign on to the online account manager, you will get the below offer:
2. Afterwards on the account manager page, the Quick Links menu is provided on the left side. Become aware of how the link does not say “Start/Stop Your Paper Bill” – just “Stop”.
3. In “My Bill” section, the “Delivery Method” page shows as under:
Once more, see that how there’s only one link – to “Stop your paper bills”, but no link to begin.
4. Lastly, you will be on “My Profile” page.
You will see that the “Bill Delivery Method” has no link whatsoever, if you look cautiously at the lower right corner, although the section below (Payment Preferences) has two “Edit” links. To determine this, you can call AT&T. Their response: you can either have paper billing, or e-bill, but not both. Their approach is if you want to pay online, you can not get paper bills, and vice versa.