Do you know about Mobile Banking? Mobile banking is the method by which mobile users can access and login to their bank accounts and manage their assets, debts and finances at anywhere, anytime. Chase Bank offers Mobile Banking via official website Mobilebanking.Chase.com. Get step-by-step guide of login.
Chase is the consumer and commercial banking division of JPMorgan Chase. Until merged with J.P. Morgan & Co. in 2000, the bank was known as Chase Manhattan Bank. In 1955, the merger of the Chase National Bank and the Bank of the Manhattan Company formed Chase Manhattan Bank. The headquarters of it is in Chicago.
Chemical Bank of New York bought the Chase Manhattan Bank, in July 1996, which had obtained Manufacturers Hanover Corporation and Texas Commerce Bank several years earlier. The acquisition of J.P. Morgan & Co. was completed by the combined Chase Manhattan In December 2000, one of the largest banking mergers to date.
If you want to get a quick text update on your account balance or access to the transaction like paying bills or transferring funds, then Mobile Banking is the best option for you. This service is without charge from Chase, but from your wireless provider, message and data rates may apply. All you need is a mobile phone/PDA and a Chase Online User ID and Password.
Features of Mobile Banking:
- Transfer between Chase accounts
- View account balances and transaction history
- Send wire transfers
- View account balances
- Review transaction history
- Check credit card due dates and amounts
- Pay bills and credit cards
Chase Mobile via text is an easy and convenient way to access your accounts almost anywhere. This secure service can be used to see your account balances and activity right from your mobile device or cell phone by you. When you send a text message to the five-digit U.S. short code CHASE (24273), or when you receive account information via text message, you will not be charged.
A personal or business checking, savings or credit card account will be needed to activate the service and a mobile device or cell phone with the ability to send and receive text messages. By text on Chase Online, only one mobile phone with Chase Mobile can be registered. By calling Customer Support, you can add additional mobile phone(s). The meaning of “1/2” is that the first message in a series of two messages is being read by you. Labeled as “1/2″ by them ensure you that you can read your text messages in the correct order.
How does Chase Mobile via text work?
Following three steps will help you to know how Chase Mobile via text works.
In first step you will have to register your mobile phone.
In second step, from following commands, you can start using Chase Mobile via text.
- BAL – Get balances for all your accounts.
- (Note: Available Balance for deposit accounts is the balance of funds available for withdrawal or transfer; certain pending transactions, such as deposits that contain checks, may not be immediately available and wouldn’t be included in the available balance.)
- Help – Get additional service information.
- Command – See a list of available commands.
- Stop – Unsubscribe from Chase Mobile via text.
- BAL + nickname – Get balances for your nicknamed account(s).
- hist + nickname – See a history of transactions for your nicknamed account(s).
- Due + nickname – Check the payment due date for a nicknamed credit card account.
In third step, you will get a return text from Chase with your desired information.
Chase Mobile Banking Login Guide
For login you will have to visit the website : http://Mobilebanking.Chase.com
1. Click on “Logon” option.
2. Enter user id and password.
3. Then, enter the above information, click on “Logon”.