Browsers work as a bridge for touring the web-world. The internet tool provider companies plan something new to get attention in this growing Internet market. Until now we are familiar only with very few web browsers such as Mozilla, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome and Internet explorer. A completely different Internet browser called “RockMelt” has been launched with cool features and simple user interface to make the web experience better. RockMelt is an ideal browser for the people who constantly want to integrate with their facebook, twitter and gmail accounts.
RockMelt was unveiled on 8th November, 2010, keeping the requirements of users in mind. This multi functional browser lets the users to manage all the social networking tasks from the browser along with navigating Web pages. The Company has given the tagline to RockMelt that it is not a browser it’s a WOWser. It is focused on Facebook, Google search and Twitter. People no longer need to visit facebook or twitter websites as they can get all the things in the same browser interface. It supports Web FMs, Facebook, Video Channels, Twitter, YouTube, Gmail and New stats. This browser is fast, secure and free to use.
RockMelt is built on Google’s Chromium open source browser but comes with news feed, a host of social networking and search features. Tim Howes and Eric Vishria created RockMelt web browser. This browser runs on Windows (Vista, Xp and Windows 7), Mac OS X and iOS. It is not compatible with Linux or Ubuntu. You need a Facebook account to use the browser. Using Facebook account will personalize the RockMelt, you can get benefit of backup feature as well as you don’t need another username and password.
How to Download RockMelt Browser?
- Visit www.rockmelt.com and click on “Download” link.
- You will be asked “Do you want to run or save this file”, then hit the ‘Run’ button.
- You will be again asked for “Do you want to run this Software”, for verification.
- As you press the Run button, installation of the Browser will start.
- Once installed, you are required to sign in with your Facebook account.
- After that, agree and permit the browser to use your Facebook account totally.
- In the next step, you will be directed to a window having category wise web services.
- You are required to choose the services according to your choice and then click “Add and Continue” option.
- You can send invitation to your Facebook friends by hitting ‘Invite and Start’ option.
- Your browser is ready with a modern home-page.
There will be a Special toolbar at the top that include the icons of Facebook profile photo, notifications, messages and friend request. To access web-world, you will find tab window below the Special toolbar. There are also vertical toolbars on the sides. On the left vertical sidebar, you will see the icons of Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Gmail, Tumblr and CNN while on the right sidebar, you are able to see the list of online friends. You can chat with your online friends in the current tab along with browsing web in tab windows.
Favorite websites can be integrated in the right sidebar. You are able to add extra applications on the left sidebar by using the more-menu. The App Center of RockMelt offers 100s of applications according to the category (Games, Technology, Culture and Life Style, Fashion, Industry News, Humor, Sports, etc). Twitter users can post new tweets and view recent tweets without visiting twitter.com. You will find chat window as you hit the Profile photo. You can also minimize it. To get profile photos with names, click the ‘Expand this Edge’ option.
RockMelt has made the sharing very easy. You can share the interesting points, stories or web pages on Facebook with just “One-Click”. No need to log in to your account for sharing “What’s on your mind”. You will find the “Share” link in the tab window. You just have to hit the “Share” link, which appears in the arrow symbol and you will be directed to your Facebook wall. You can change the status on Facebook without entering into the profile, thanks to ‘New Post’ option. You can register videos, websites and photos, which you can watch in free-time.
The Quite Mode option let you to change RockMelt browser like the Chrome browser. You will find the Quite Mode option in bell symbol next to the address bar. History and Download options are just like Chrome browser whereas Browser maintenance and Settings options are similar to Google Chrome. You are able to change extension, home page and tab. You can ‘Delete’ unnecessary applications on the left sidebar. If you want to do private browsing, hit the Incognito window.
You can make favorite list of contact and post on their wall, staying on the current page. This browser has built-in Google search, so you are not required to visit Google site for simple search. While you log into the RockMelt, it will automatically save and sync your information. Google search bar is situated in the upper right corner and gives search results like Google. RockMelt does not provide maps and YouTube videos in the search bar.
- Free of cost
- Simple user interface
- Fast, secure and reliable
- Automatically save and sync information
- Lets users to update facebook status
- One-click sharing and Quiet Mode button
- You can change the status on Facebook
- Shows Facebook notifications and instant news
- No need to create another account with the browser
- Share button, tweet links, and post on walls option
- Lets the users to chat with online friends in the current tab
- Allow users to interact with friends on Facebook, Twitter and other sites
- Also available for iphone users
Video of RockMelt Browser review from youtube: