HMRC online services Login- www.hmrc.gov.uk Pay Tax & VAT Online at HMRC gateway
HMRC provides a range of online services and benefits of Pay Tax and VAT. You can get all these services and benefits after login at official site of HMRC. The process of log in is very simple and quick. The information of HMRC Login and www.hmrc.gov.uk Pay Tax & VAT Online at HMRC gateway is given here.
HMRC stands for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, which is a non-ministerial sector of the British Government and primarily it is responsible for the collection of taxes and the payment of some forms of state support. By a merger of the Inland Revenue & Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise, HMRC was formed and on 18 April 2005, it came into formal existence. St. Edward’s Crown enclosed within a circle is the logo of the HMRC department.
How to login at HMRC?
You can get HMRC online services after login. You have to enter user ID and password and then click on Login button. If you lost user ID or password or expired activation pin then at login page, links of these options are mentioned. You have to click on related link and get option to find your “password” or “user ID” or “expired activation pin”.
For registration, you have four options like individual, organization, agent and pensions. You have to select option which you want to register and follow the instructions.
www.hmrc.gov.uk Pay Tax online process
Tax is a charge or burden laid upon persons or property for the support of a government. A state or the functional equivalent of a state inflicts a financial charge or other tax upon a taxpayer but he becomes failure to pay tax is punishable by law. Self Assessment tells about your income and capital gains or to claim tax allowances or relief’s against your tax bill. There are different types of tax return, which are as follows:
Direct taxes – Direct tax is paid by you or your business on money you earn or capital you gain.
- National Insurance Contributions
- Capital Gains Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Income Tax
- Inheritance Tax
Indirect taxes – Indirect tax is paid by you or your business on money spent on goods or services.
- Stamp Duty
- Excise duties
- Insurance Premium Tax
- Petroleum Revenue Tax
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Stamp Duty Reserve Tax
HMRC offers a reminder of Self Assessment payment deadlines and explains all of the available payment options. HMRC recommends that you make your Self Assessment payments electronically. Paying electronically is beneficial in many ways:
- It is safe and secure
- It gives you better control over your money
- It provides certainty about when your payment will reach HMRC
- It avoids postal delays
- It may lower your bank charges
- It lets you pay at a time convenient to you if you use Internet or telephone banking
Advantages of filing online:
There are lots of advantages to send your tax return online:
- Filing online is convenient and can be done at any time of day or night and you get an instant acknowledgment as soon as HMRC receives your tax return
- Filing online is safe and secure – your account is encrypted, and protected by your chosen password and a unique User ID that is sent only to you
- Your tax is worked out automatically as you complete the form, so you know what you owe or are owed by right away
- Online tax returns are processed faster than paper returns and any money you are owed by HMRC is repaid to you more quickly than if you file on paper
- The deadline for filing online returns is later than for paper returns
- You can monitor Self Assessment ‘account’ online – this includes statements of your payment history and what you currently owe or are owed
- You can save data safely and return to it later – this means you can complete tax return at your own pace
- It is easy to store your completed return online and to print out a copy for your records
Value Added Tax (VAT) is a general consumption tax assessed on the value added to goods and services. A tax on the estimated market value is added to a product or material at each stage of its manufacture or distribution, ultimately passed on to the consumer.
How to register online for vat:
To register for VAT Online or use other VAT online services, you first need to register with HMRC Online Services or the Government Gateway. After login you can go to register for vat and for that you have to download the basic VAT registration form and notes to familiarize yourself with the process. You can get the knowledge of XML VAT Returns and XML EC Sales List – software and online forms and download options here.
VAT services are available online for different categories, such as Services for VAT-registered businesses and services for accountants. You can get all information of register for these services and get knowledge of Register and enroll to use VAT Online services, about activating your account and if you have already enrolled for other online services here.
Benefits of submitting your return online:
Submitting your VAT Return online offers a range of benefits including:
- Accuracy – there are automatic checks as you go along, and on-screen information and help is always available. This reduces errors, it means there is less chance of having your return sent back to you to be corrected or for clarification.
- Speed – if you are not already registered to use HMRC online services, then go through the online registration and enrollment process as it takes only few minutes. You will be able to file return as soon as you have registered and enrolled for VAT services.
- Security – all transactions are 100 per cent secure. You get a User ID and password which keep your details safe and allows only you – or someone you authorize – to have access to that information.
- Convenience – the service is available day and night, whenever is best for you.
- Reliability – you do not have to worry about your return being lost or delayed in the past as you will get an on-screen acknowledgment – including a unique submission receipt reference number when you finally submit your return.