Stock market becomes hot favorite these days and people are investing more and more in stock market to earn more return from their investment. The advancement in technology makes most of the things easier and convenient day by day, so how can stock market stay behind. Now, you can trade the stocks and shares online with greater convenience & control by means of POEMS. ‘POEMS’ is abbreviation of Phillips’ Online Electronic Mart System, which is the first electronic online share trading system of Singapore. It was founded in 1996 by Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL). Since its establishment, it has undergone worth mentioning changes using up-to-date advanced technology to better fulfill the customer needs.
‘POEMS’ is a most preferred and the leading trading system in Singapore with plenty of satisfied clients. It is a platform which straps up to the most up-to-date technologies to offer the investors with a broad range of services to complement their equities trading. There are 4 different types of trading modes available with the POEMS, including POEMS Internet, Telebroker, POEMS Mobile and POEMS ProTrader. POEMS offer the users with a convenience of accessing multiple products, multiple markets by means of only one trading account. The financial markets available for trading include Singapore, UK, Malaysia, Thailand, US (NYSE/NASDAQ/AMEX), Japan and Hong Kong.
POEMS Internet is intended specifically for the independent investor who desires the convenience of online trading. With this online platform, the users are able to gain access to an entire assortment of features including live prices, technical charting, portfolio valuation, research commentaries and news updates. It is a one-stop solution for all your investment and trading needs. It enables you to place the stock orders from office or home, as well as, to monitor all the stock exchanges with ease. POEMS provides investors with in-detail financial information like Latest corporate news, Daily and weekly research analyses, Latest stock recommendations, Latest IPO information, 5 years profit and loss statements, Financial ratios and balance sheet summaries, Up-to-date property news, etc.
How to Use the Poems Internet for Online Trading?
There is a requirement of a trading account with Phillip Securities for getting the benefits of online trading service of POEMS. So, if you have no trading account with Phillip Securities, just fill up the necessary application form with PSPL either online or at any of their branches. The application process for trading account can be done online if you want to open Individual Trading Account only, but you can open both the Individual and the Joint Trading Account at the branches of Phillip Securities.
Once you become the trading account holder, you can apply for POEMS Online access. Just visit the site poems.com.sg and click on the link ‘Existing Phillip Securities Client POEMS Application Form’ and print out the existing account application form. Fill out the form and send it back to: POEMS Marketing Department, Phillip Securities Pte Ltd, 250 North Bridge Road, #06-00 Raffles City Tower, Singapore 179101. There is no requirement of S$1000 deposit.
Once you get registered for the POEMS online account, you can access the POEMS online at any time. You have to just login at the official site by entering your Account Number and Password. Here, you can view live prices, perform the trading actions, manage your account, get your account details, view your transactions history, and much more.
On the homepage of your account, you will find the options Attention, Account Management, Stocks, ETF, Futures and FOREXGOLD in the upper navigation bar. The option Stocks include the sub-options Price, LP1, LP2, Trade, Order Status, Account Management, Unit Share, Chart, etc.
Do you want to check the live prices??? Hit the options Stocks>>LP1 or Stocks>>LP2 and get all the live prices on your screen. There is a symbol ‘C’ situated in the beginning of every counter showing the live prices and differences. You can open up the chart related to pricing of counter by clicking on the “C”. Every cell will be highlighted while there is an update found.
For performing the Trade, hit the Buy/Sell price or name of the counter and proceed. You will be directed to the trade page, where you will be required to fill up some info including Stock symbol, Stock name, Action (Buy or Sell), number of shares, price, trade type (Force Key or SRS), and password. Entering the password is necessary for orders to be submitted. After the submission of your order, you will be asked to confirm your order.
You can view all your submitted orders under the option “Order Status”. There are some tools available under the “Order Status” including Working Orders, Orders Processed (Today) and Trade Done (Yesterday).
- The ‘Working Orders tool’ displays the orders which are in a queue to be matched with the other parties, and there are 2 sub-tools ‘Withdraw Orders’ and ‘Amend To’ under this tool.
- ‘Withdraw Order’ will facilitate you to withdraw unprocessed orders that are still in the queue.
- ‘Amend To’ will enable you to amend orders which are already submitted to a lower quantity.
- ‘Orders Processed (Today)’ displays the status of orders – done or withdrawn or amended or rejected – executed today.
- ‘Trade Done (Yesterday)’ displays the trades which are done on a previous trading day.
There are some different types of tools related to each individual counter available under LP1 & LP2. For viewing them, select one counter and right click on it. You will find the tools including Time & Sales, Trade Summary, Stock Summary, Intraday Chart, Historical Chart and Market Depth.
- Time & Sales tool shows the trade volume with different prices at different time.
- Trade Summary tool provides the total volume transacted at the various prices.
- Stock Summary is a tool, which indicates different volumes and prices for a particular counter.
- Intraday Chart shows the daily charts plotted with the data of time and sales.
- Historical Chart displays the charts plotted with different indicators up to 1 year.
- Market Depth is a tool, which reveals the SGX-ST ready market of up to fifty levels of offer and bid prices.
The ‘Account Management’ located under the option ‘Stocks’ facilitates the users to check account balances, outstanding contracts plus previous month’s funds movement in the ledger. There are also some tools under ‘Account Management’ including, Outstanding position, Scrap Book, Account details, This Month’s Transaction, Transactions History and Online Forms.
- ‘Outstanding position’ is provided to facilitate you to check the status of your outstanding contracts due for settlement. There are 3 options with it: 1) All, 2) Outstanding Only, and 3) Due Only.
- With the ‘Scrap Book’ tool, you can keep the track of the overall performance of the stocks. There are 4 options with it: Unrealized Profit, Realized Profit, Edit and Help. The first one displays the potential profits/losses based on last done price, the second one displays the records of the profits/losses made based on the purchases and sales contract, the third one lets you to enter, edit or even delete the records shown on the scrap book, and the fourth one explains how to utilize the Scrap book for administering the profit and loss records.
- ‘Account details’ reveals the summary of your overall balance in the account, including both Singapore and foreign Currencies. It also displays the money held in Phillip Money Market.
- ‘This Month’s Transaction’ enables you to view the current month’s movement of your money reserved in the account. It records both the crediting of sales proceeds and debiting of cash purchases. Any withdrawal and placement of funds are displayed as well.
- ‘Transactions History’ lets the users to check the breakdown of the ledger for the previous 12 months. You can also check the summary of the monthly transaction by opting for one particular month.
- In case of ‘Online Forms’, the Withdrawal Forms facilitates the users to make online submission request for withdrawal of excess funds and the ‘Currency Conversion’ facilitates to perform currency conversion for their own account.
With the ‘Charts’ option, you can get the direct access to the Intraday Chart and Historical Chart, which are available under LP1 & LP2.
- A 24 hours access for the placement of trading order
- Provides latest live quotes of indices and shares
- Get live price access for a lot of the financial markets that are traded over POEMS
- Offers live Intraday and historical charts with indicators
- Very simple and hassle free trade settlement
- Get the global financial news and latest company news
- Offers up-to-date news on the current market movements and research articles
- Allows personal portfolio management
- Provides up-to-date account information
- Get access to the global markets, KLSE, SGX, TSE, SET, NASDAQ, AMEX, HKSE and NYSE
- Trade directly to the SGX with the click of a mouse