A regulated public utility, PSNC Energy is headquartered in Gastonia, NC. Throughout a 28-county service area in 96 cities and communities, PSNC Energy is engaged primarily in purchasing, transporting, distributing and selling natural gas to approximately 469,000 customers. PSNC Energy brings you all the resources of a strong multi-state corporation because it is a member of the SCANA family of companies. Customer service of PSNC Energy is focused on meeting customer needs because it works to understand customer’s issues and concerns. PSNC Energy was committed to provide safe, reliable natural gas service and useful information to help customers to use it efficiently and cost effectively.
Screenshot of www.psncenergy.com:
Pay bill online:
You have to register your online account for bill payment. After registration, sign in to your account and select the bill pay option. PSNC Energy provides convenient ways that are easy to use and secure.
To view your options, select your account type:
- Small/Medium Business
- Large Business
PSNC Energy provides you bills every month for your natural gas service. If you have registered for an online account, sign in to view your current bill. If you have not registered for online account access, go for sign up.
Various components of your bill:
- Your PSNC Energy account number
- A quick at-a-glance summary of your account
- Details about your gas usage for this billing cycle, to compare with the same billing cycle one year ago
- Check this section for special messages from PSNC Energy, which may include important information about your rate plan, special offers and other promotions
- Your personal online activation code, which allows you to view and pay your bill online at psncenergy.com
- Your payment stub. Please be sure to return it with your payment
- Total amount due (including current charges), total other charges or credits, and any balance brought forward from previous statements
- A breakdown of your current natural gas charges. The “Basic Facilities Charge” appears on residential bills every month regardless of the amount of natural gas used. This monthly fee is designed to recover a portion of the company’s operating costs as well as expenses associated with meter reading, maintenance, billing and other administrative processes
- A variety of payment options for your convenience
PSNC Energy makes bill pay easy by providing different types of payment options. You have to choose the option, which meets to your needs.
PSNC Energy’s Online Account:
Bank Accounts: To make secure one-time payments (ePay) with no commitments, use your checking or savings account or set up automatic monthly payments (eDraft) and forget about it. This service is free!
Credit/Debit Cards: When you go paperless, make one-time credit card payments for free. It is easy, free and good for the environment.
CheckFree®: For online billing and payment services, CheckFree Corporation is an industry leader. You will receive an e-mail each month from CheckFree with instructions on how to view and pay your bill. To get started, visit the CheckFree Web site.
BillMatrix: PSNC Energy’s phone payment provider, BillMatrix can also take your payments at their Web site. Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Electronic Check, PayPal™, or ATM Debit Card. BillMatrix assesses a $3.50 fee for this service. To make a payment, visit BillMatrix.
Pay by Mail: Mail your payment to PSNC Energy, P.O. Box 100256, Columbia, SC 29202-3256.
Pay by Phone: Through BillMatrix, pay your bill with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Electronic Check, or ATM Debit card. Bill Matrix receives a $3.50 fee for this service and is a third party vendor available toll-free by calling 1-800-450-9159.
Pay in Person: Pay in person at an authorized payment location.
You can avoid fluctuations in your PSNC Energy bill by signing up for Budget Billing. For the next 12 months, PSNC Energy will estimate your bills and spread that amount into 12 equal payments, which will be your monthly Budget Billing payment. Your bill will show your actual usage, your total amount due, and your special Budget Billing amount for each of the next 12 months. To prevent large balances from adding up, PSNC Energy regularly checks your account. Generally, your monthly Budget Billing amount will not change during the year. However, an adjustment to your account may be necessary under certain circumstances, including if:
- You add or eliminate equipment resulting in dramatic increases or reductions in your natural gas usage
- Your billing rate changes
- Your natural gas usage changes significantly due to weather abnormalities
PSNC Energy will recalculate your bill based on your actual usage after 12 months. During the 12-month period, if the total amount you paid is less than your actual billing amount you can either pay the difference in full or have the difference added to your recalculated amount for the next 12 months. PSNC Energy will apply that amount to your recalculated amount for the next 12 months, if the total amount you paid is more than your actual billing amount. Call our Customer Service Center at 1-877-776-2427, to sign up for Budget Billing.
Through your local community/social services organizations, inquire about available financial assistance for your PSNC Energy bills, if you are income-eligible. By contacting the North Carolina Division of Social Services’ (DSS) Crisis Intervention and Energy Assistance programs, you can find more information on energy assistance. For more information, call us at (877) 776-2427. A Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Access your account now by signing in above, if you are already registered. If you have an interest in an online account, Sign up to learn, about what you can do with online account access, such as:
- View your statement any time. Just log in, and there it is. No envelope to open and no bill to get lost
- Pay your bill online anytime
- Receive e-mail alerts to let you know when your current bill is available for online viewing. (You can also view up to 24 months’ worth of previous statements.)
- Go paperless! Sign up for paperless billing and receive an e-mail when your bill is available for viewing online (and skip the paper bill). Pay it online using eDraft (no checks to write or envelopes to buy).
To manage your PSNC Energy account, and to access tools to help you manage your energy usage, an online account is the easiest way.
Estimate Your Bill:
The PSNC Energy Bill Estimator is quick, easy and can give you insight into your company’s energy costs. To estimate your bill, select your rate from the drop-down menu, type in your therms, and click the “calculate” button. Calculations are estimates of monthly facilities and energy charges, but do not include taxes.
For more information, contact PSNC Energy’s commercial account line toll-free at 1-800-545-4427. It provides service from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m./call its general customer service line toll-free at 1-877-776-2427. General customer service is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.